Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This should have been required reading

I was catching up on pro cycling news at velonews this afternoon when a banner ad caught my eye. Even though I'm one of those people who intentionally clicks through ads on sites that I like just to support them this one caught my eye.


If you're here at the Blog then you already know the theme is about racing bikes in Belgium. So you can imagine my surprise to see an ad for a book about a guy who went to race in there for real. Not like the adventure tourist and blogger I am, but the real deal. A young guy who went there to make it as a pro racer at 18 years old. It's very raw and gritty - talks about things that I heard rumblings of but never saw first hand. It affirms the innuendo and suspicion I felt there about drugs in Belgian amateur bike racing and includes a foreword by Bike racing legend Bob Roll.



Best of all the first chapter is free as a .pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment